Sunday, July 17, 2011

Living Life

I have to say I'm delightfully surprised when I went to our local 4th of July parade. The participants of the parade and the band were beautiful people aged 60 and up. Now that is not to say that there wasn't younger people in the parade but the majority of the peeps were 60 and up...

It was so cute seeing the ladies dancing like an Egyptian and wearing Egyptian outfits they were so cute. I cheered OH, YAY! I'm going to do that in 30 years from now.....wearing the cute little Egyptian outfit and getting my grove on, shaking my booty...
Walk Like An Egyptian

Next up were the mermaids, and need I say anything more but WOW! Beautiful ladies strutting their stuff.  Saying hey who cares bout my age. I'm beautiful and still have it! True inspiration...

After the parade we went to get the free ice cream being passed out. We could hear the band playing and to our second surprise the band was made up of another group of beautiful people that was 60 and up. The music was wonderful, the band was really impressive. 

So many people use age as an excuse of why they can't do something, while others don't let age stop them from doing what they want and living each day to the fullest. Going to the parade and seeing what I seen confirmed my thoughts that the new generation of seniors are not growing old in their rocking chairs, they grabbing a hold of each day and doing what they want. Living their dreams....

On step closer to being deliriously  happy..... 

No comments:

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews