Monday, August 1, 2011

The Best Birthday Gift Ever......


I wanted to share the story of the unique bond and love of two of my children. A bond that is so special and worthy of being shared.....

On July 29, 2000 my sweet baby girl Jem was born.  I will never forget the day she came home it is so vivid in my mind like it happened yesterday. The strongest bond I have ever seen between two siblings took place that day, right in front of my eyes.


 My daughter NaTasha drove me and Jem home from the hospital and my daughter Anessa was home watching Dewy. We arrived home in the afternoon of Aug 3, 2000 on my son Dewy's 2nd birthday. When we came through front door Dewy was so excited to see me and his baby sister. He sat on the couch and put his little arms out. He wanted to hold his baby sister. I put Jem in Dewy's arms, they looked at each other as if they were making an agreement at that moment that they would always take care of each. From that day on a special unique bond was formed and has grown stronger ever since.

From the time they were little they have been tight, where you found one the other was close by, each of them paying attention to the other to make sure they didn't need anything. They are able to communicate with one another in away that I cannot fully explain or understand. As they have grown the bond has gotten tighter but allowed each one to grow independently. Jem has always known that Dewy would need help around people and in certain situations. She has always invited him to be with her and her friends and looked out for him when they are away from home to make sure everyone was being good to him. Dewy has always made sure Jem had almost everything she's ever wanted. When he was little he would make sure Jem had her fruit snacks at bedtime, she was protected from any bugs going after her, and he even gave her his undies to wear. Now days he will record T.V. shows for her even though she didn't ask him to and have her favorite snacks saved in a secret spot so no one will eat them.


To me their bond is like that of fraternal twins born two years apart...a boy and a girl instead of two boys or two girls. We refer to beginning of this bond as Dewy's best birthday gift ever....and Jem smiles big and says proudly, "Yes, I'm."

 One step closer to being deliriously happy!
















No comments:

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews